Singapore Association of Myanmar (SAM) conducted our first virtual Annual General Meeting (AGM) on 29 September 2020 (Tuesday) to update our members on what the outgoing executive committee had accomplished during its term, to elect the new executive committee for 2020-2022 and to update the proposed amendments to the current constitution to be in line with our application for incorporation under the Myanmar Companies Law (“MCL”).
Firstly, we would like to thank our SAM Patron, Her Excellency, Ms Vanessa Chan, Singapore Ambassador to Myanmar, for her encouraging address and wishes to all SAM members.
Next, we would like to thank the 65 SAM members who joined our virtual AGM and voted in the new executive committee, together with the members who were unable to attend but have sent in their proxy votes.
Finally, we would like to thank the outgoing Exco members: Mr Lee Leong Seng, Ms Suegene Ang, Ms Wang Li Jun, Mr Gan Wee Hooi, Mr Tony Tan, Mr Davin Singh, Mr Melvyn Chung, Mr Isaac Wang, Ms Bessina Theng, Mr Lim Chong Chong, Mrs Brenda Hobin, Ms Soe Soe Naing, Ms Hlaing Hlaing Oo @ Rose, Mr Chen Zheng Yang, Mr Jeff Foo, Ms Alyssa Ng and Mr Sahu Basan Kumar for your contribution to the Singapore Community in Yangon during your term.
We would also like to congratulate the elected members of the 2020-2022 SAM Executive Committee and wish them all the best for the new term.
1) President – Mr Lee Leong Seng, General Manager, Surbana International Consultants (Myanmar) Co.,Ltd
2) Deputy President – Mr Lim Chong Chong, Founder & Managing Partner, Ascent Capital Partners Pte Ltd
3) Head of Social Committee – Ms Wang Li Jun, Group Commercial Director, City Holdings Group
4) Head of Sports Committee – Mr Gan Wee Hooi, Principal Manager, Surbana International Consultants (Myanmar) Co.,Ltd
5) Head of Business Committee – Mr Davin Singh, Director, MFFT Myanmar
6) Head of Charity Committee – Mrs Brenda Hobin, Deputy Marketing Director, Yoma Land
7) Secretary – Mr Melvyn Chung, Principal, Singapore International School: RVi Academy Yangon
8) Treasurer – Mr Brandon Lye, COO, Excellent Fortune Development Group
9) Exco Member – Ms Amalia de la Costa, Manager Director, Golden Wood Interior Renovation & Furniture Manufacturing Co.,Ltd
10) Exco Member – Mr Freddy Oh, Country Manager, F&N Myanmar Services Ltd
11) Exco Member – Mr Janeshwar Pachigolla, Head of Mergers & Acquisitions, PricewaterhouseCoopers Myanmar Co., Ltd
12) Exco Member – Mr Javier Phua, Managing Director, EASY Specialty Coffee and Gentleman Coffee Roasters
13) Exco Member – Mr Jeff Foo, Head of Marketing, Asia World Port Management Co., Ltd
14) Exco Member – Mr Minn Naing Oo, Managing Director, Allen & Gledhill (Myanmar) Co., Ltd
15) Exco Member – Ms Suegene Ang, Partner, WongPartnership Myanmar Limited
16) Exco Member – Mr Teo Zhen Han, Director, Lighting Specialist Co.,Ltd, Krislite
17) Exco Member – Mr Than Tun Win (Mike), Founder, BOD Tech Ventures Co.,Ltd